Two of of the Portland Trail Blazers rookies, #7 Brandon Roy and #12 LaMarcus Aldridge, will be writing their thoughts of their first season in the NBA.

Home
Previous Posts:
My First Post: What I did the last couple of days

 RSS FEED

Archives

Blog Roll
Mike Barrett's Blog
BlazerDancer Blog
Game-Time Blog
Oregon Live Blazer Blog


Brandon Posted First, Now Here's My First Post.
posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Ok. I'm posting for the first time, so I hope you like it. Brandon and I are sharing this blog, so I guess it's my turn. A couple people asked me about how I did when we played against Denver the other night. I feel great about it, I wish we could have got the win, but Coach had talked to me about being more active, being on the boards and don't settle for being stopped. So I think in that game I just went out and tried to be more active and it ended up working out for me.

I feel like lately I have been gaining more confidence, getting more comfortable. I feel like Coach has been trying to get me more opportunities to score, I feel like he is trusting me more and I feel like my teammates are getting more comfortable with what I can do and are putting me in great positions to score. Playing center is great, I'm a basketball player. If you want me to play point guard I'll play point guard or whatever, I just want to be on the floor, I just want to play. So, playing the center spot, I'm cool with it, I'm just going to keep trying to get better. I think, as I get stronger I'll be able to play this position better.

In that game, I don't know exactly how I got hit but I think it was NeNe, he was going for a ball, I think he reached back to grab it and I was already diving for it and he popped me right in the nose. I came out, like three plays later and it was bleeding and I have a crack on the left side of my nose. They said I should wear a mask, but I don't want to because it's a really drastic change from being able to see from side to side and seeing the outer rim and things like that. I brought it to practice, but I didn't wear it ‘cause we didn't do five on five today. I don't even think I'm going to try wearing it, I'm just going to try my luck and hopefully I don't get hit again too bad. If I do, I'll break the mask out.

Brandon started to talking about NCAA hoops, so I guess I should since it's going on right now and my Texas team has a good seed. I feel like they could do well this year. I feel like if Kevin Durant, DJ Augustine and AJ Abrams, if those three guys play well and if Damion James rebounds well, I think they have a chance to go far. The only thing about that is, to get to get out of their bracket into the Final Four they have to beat Carolina, so that's going to be kinda tough. If I was still there, all I would do is just pass the ball to Kevin and I would just rebound, he's a great player.

I was actually his host when he first came down to visit Texas. It was fun. He came in and I was his host, so we went to dinner and we went out and I showed him a good time. I didn't really know then, that he was going to be that good so I kinda took him to a dull spot , ‘cause I didn't know he was going to be that good. Now they're saying, he's like the number one or two prospect in the country! I didn't think he was going to be that amazing and then he came in and I was like “man, he's amazing!” Anyway, that was fun though, just having time and talking to him, he was picking my brain and I was trying to tell him things that I know about Texas that would help him get better. It looks like it worked out for him.

Finally to finish my first post, I wanted to let you know, who I talk to when I come home. Recently, I got an English bulldog, 18 weeks, she's a puppy. So now, I'm trying to take care of my dog and it's actually a pretty tough job. Her name is Jada, and I can't even think of having two, it's almost too much with one right now. You have to get up in the middle of the night and take her out and it's hard. I've always wanted a bulldog, you don't see a lot of them everywhere. I had to go find one through a breeder. I saw this show called “Big and Rob” and his bulldog skateboards, so one day, I'll teach Jada to board. I forgot my pics with Jamie Foxx, so I'll talk about that next time.

L.A.


26 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

LA

You are my favorite rooike this year。I believe you will be a superstar in this league。Great job in last two games!Get stronger and you will be unstoppable。

I wonder if there have a chance that Durant will play with you next season ,haha。

Go LMA!

March 15, 2007 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger BRoyFTW said...

You know, of all the Rookies you don't play like one. I mean, other players look scared, but man you got that KG, Sheed thing going on. Your pretty quick to, man it's going to be good seeing you and Brandon Roy getting better.

Most good players don't really do much their rookie year. You like like you hardly had to adapt. Keep up the good work.

March 16, 2007 at 3:59 AM  
Blogger jpetersen131 said...

Getting Durant would be awsome!!!
Anyway your doing a great job this season you and Roy both. Its really good to have you guys here this year. to tell you the truth i was ready to give up on the blazers till you guy's got here. I think you gonna be a superstar and i hope you stay around along time

March 16, 2007 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on getting a new Bulldog. I have one called Brutus that is about 20 months old. When I got him I though I would be getting a unique, farting, snoring, slobbering and lazy dog. Well, he is all of those things except lazy. Bulldogs are a handful (aka stubborn), but are exceptionally cute.

Enjoy, and if Jada needs a playmate someday, just let me know.

By the way, on the court you are making some awesome progress. Keep up the good work and there is no tellin where this team will end up.

March 16, 2007 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on getting yourself an English Bulldog. I have one called Brutus who is about 20 months old now. When I got Brutus I thought I was getting a dog that would fart, burp, drool and be lazy. Oddly enough he is all that except for the lazy party. Good luck with taking care of Jada. They are a lot of work (aka stubborn and not terribly bright), but are so worth it (aka cute & loyal).

If Jada ever needs a playmate just let me know :)

March 16, 2007 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Greaneyz10584 said...

Hey MR.Aldridge good luck on stompin the Lakers!!!!HOPE YOU LIKE IT OUT HERE IN P-TOWN BIG CHANGE FROM TEXAS HUH!!!!!I LIKE BULL DOGS THEY ARE SO DAMN CUTE!!!!HOPE SHES A GREAT DOG!!!KEEP UP THE HARD WORK AND GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON BOI!!!!

March 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I think the thing that amazes me the most is that you and Brandon both are playing like at least 2 year veterans. We will make the playoffs next year. Period.

March 16, 2007 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger BlazerFANATIC said...

Hey LA,

The progress that you have made this year has been great to see. I love your hard work and dedication to the team. You are a really exciting player to watchand have a great future in the NBA. I like Pryz but you should be the starter and he should be coming off the bench. Keep up the good work and bring another Championship to Portland!! Just curious... how many pounds have you added since the start of the season and what weight would you like to be at?

March 16, 2007 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger TBear said...

Hey, congrats on gettin a bulldog. and more so congrats on you playin like one. just to see the hustle risin up from you and extending through the team is amazing. I think you are really steppin' up and can't wait to see you guys finish the season strong. Next year is going to be amazing. I fell if you guys continue to play with passion and focus then any teammate who's slackin will follow suit and the blazers will be unstopable. Good luck with the pup and the rest of the season. Oh and also good luck this summer, I hear they want to bulk you up in the off season, which'll be nice just dont lose that quickness.

March 16, 2007 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger TBear said...

Hey, congrats on gettin a bulldog. and more so congrats on you playin like one. just to see the hustle risin up from you and extending through the team is amazing. I think you are really steppin' up and can't wait to see you guys finish the season strong. Next year is going to be amazing. I fell if you guys continue to play with passion and focus then any teammate who's slackin will follow suit and the blazers will be unstopable. Good luck with the pup and the rest of the season. Oh and also good luck this summer, I hear they want to bulk you up in the off season, which'll be nice just dont lose that quickness.

March 16, 2007 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Prudhvi Bandi said...

hey Mr.Alridge you and b-roy are the best rookies of this draft. I love blazers and i know you have a bright future with them. I think in the future you will be a kevin garnett or amare stoudemire. I wish you and b-roy all the best.

From: Prudhvi Bandi

March 16, 2007 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger TheVP said...

LaMarcus, I admire you. You and Brandon are the best rookies and m heroes.One day I want to get your autographs!

Keep playing hard!

March 17, 2007 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LA & B-Roy, Thank you for creating this blog. I know how hard you must be working and what you and all the players are doing are making our future very bright. Last night was tough but one of the best games I've seen - I don't care what the final scoreboard said, it was clear who the better TEAM was. If you're downtown in SW - my business is right near a couple of your favorite restaurants. Stop in and we'll hook you up with some fantastic photo enlargements, murals, whatever you'd like. www.tisgrafx.com. Corner of 5th and Stark in southwest - near El Gaucho (who are also one of our clients).

March 17, 2007 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger desispitz said...

Honestly guys, this season it feels like Portland's got it's heart back. I lost all faith in my hometeam until this season. Sergio, LA, Roy, Webster, Outlaw, Jones, this team is full of young hotheads with heart and talent. That's how we win games, that's WHY we win games. We feel your confidence and we feed off of it. Our losses are not ones we go out without a fight in, we play till the last second of the game, and that I'm extremely proud of. Good job Blazers keep it up! Next season you guys even have LaFrentz and Miles playing, that should make our team explode. Miles and Lafrentz can help LA on the inside, Roy and Sergio and Web can handle the outside. I'm excited because I feel a championship is not out of reach for us soon. I know I've been waiting for this moment. Thanks guys.

March 20, 2007 at 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandon...your such a great player..you have so many years ahead of you....and I am certain taht you will be a great father.. I met you at my highschool down in Santa Monica while you were training for the NBA draft....Your one of my favorite players in the NBA, not only because of your great skills but because of how humble you are as a person and how much respect you give to people..I wanted to say thank you for being such a great person and you will be a outstanding father....continue to strive for the best brandon because the best is yet to come....God bless you and your Family

March 21, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Simeon K said...

That's too bad we could have won the title with you this year LA!

Why doesn't sergio get to blog with ya'll??

March 22, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations to the next ROY. you are a good player, like the other rookies of this team.LaMarcus is a strong player and he will be an important forward. finally i want to play about sergio, the best guard in the rookies passing.he has to play more minutes if McMillan wants to win games. he is better than jarret jack

March 27, 2007 at 5:40 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

I remember when I got my first dog. It was so much responsibility, so much work, and even then I thought that at least I could put him on the back porch for a while...how do people handle infants?!? We love you guys from afar in section 223. Wish we could afford to be closer.

March 27, 2007 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Carter said...

Hey Brandon congragulations on your new son Brandon jr.

March 29, 2007 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi i´m a spanish supporter.It´s true that LaMarcus and Brandon are good players but sergio also exist and he is the better blazer assisting over 48 minutes.Maybe if he played more time, blazers fans would enjoy more in Rose Garden. Sergio does unbelievable alley-hoops.

March 30, 2007 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger EasyMoneyJr said...

Whats up L.A.? I have to tell you, I love your game man! I keep telling people to keep an eye on you...you are going to be one of the great bigs in the league. Any way I hope you read these things...

Also, I bought season tickets right after the draft with you and ROY and moved from Seattle to Portland just to watch you guys. Thanks for not letting me down. Unfortunately I was unable to come to any of the meet and greets they offered, I was hoping to have a pair of your shoes autographed if thats at all possible??? You would make my whole year if you would be kind enough to do it! Thanks for an exciting future in PDX

April 4, 2007 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger trey said...

brandon roy in my opinion is rookie of the year it's rare to see a rookie whos game is so polished. I really like lamarcus Aldrige too i feel he should start at the 4 position i think he runs the floor really well and he's good defensively i like zach but i think the club should be built around jack,roy,and aldridge

April 19, 2007 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger MiniSurfer1961 said...

LaMarcus I was so happy to see you start getting playing time this season, and you proved me right in knowing you would be nothing short of AMAZING! I AM SO HAPPY things worked out good for you on your Ailment!! I Can't wait for October to roll around so we can get going again! You are going to be AWESOME Next year! Keep Bulking UP!

May 3, 2007 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Weneedshakur said...

Oden and Durant are both great number one picks. In the 2nd round we need to steal the Arizona star point guard Mustafa Shakur

June 20, 2007 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger blazeroden said...

you two are one of the top rookie tandoms in the NBA, in not just sayin that, ive been waiting for some good guys to come in to bring back the rest of the fans who left,I hope at least ROY ALDRIDGE,ODEN stay for more then 3 years,so you guys learn to play like a team,Call me selfish but i deserve u guys ive stuck with portland through some real rough times. but not anymore,are your guys practices ever open to a few fans probably not but i need to see more highlights of you guys together, its like getting a new car and not being able to see it. this is awesome

July 5, 2007 at 6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 19, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home